View over the roofs of the changing cubicles at Cold Knap Lido, Barry.
The Cold Knap Lido was opened on 1st May 1926 and was one of the largest open-air pools in Britain, being 120 yards long and 20 yards wide. The pool enjoyed its heyday in the 1950s but by the 1980s had begun to fall into decline. It closed in 1996 and, despite local opposition, demolition of the buildings and infilling of the pool was commenced in March 2004. The lido complex was recorded by the Royal Commission both during aerial reconnaissance (in 2001) and from the ground prior to demolition. iew over the roofs of the changing cubicles at Cold Knap Lido, Barry.